I decided that I need to get my own cards with my social information. Something to pass out at conferences and events with/without my actual business card.
I love Hugh MacLeod‘s work (He’s @gapingvoid on Twitter). His amazing cartoons really capsulize what it’s like to work in this industry. He also has a Facebook app that shows his cartoons – makes me laugh each time I see them.
This is the card I chose:
You can order your own here.
I was tagged by Geoff Livingston for the "Eight for ’08" meme that’s going around.
So here it goes:
1. I lived in London for the better part of 4 years in the late 80′s/early 90′s and would move back in a second.
2. I have my Mother’s smile and my Dad’s gift of connecting to people.
3. I am a born and bred Jersey-Girl with an intense love for Bruce Springsteen.
4. My first crush was Bill Bixby on The Magician (before he was The Incredible Hulk).
5. I was cast in my first play when I was 9 – I was the Princess in an original production of "The Princess and the Bad Pea" about a spoiled brat. Go figure.
6. I will never forgive Chris Carter for killing the Lone Gunmen off the X-Files. Never.
7. I bought my first computer in 1992 (IBM P/S2) and my best-friend/roommate thought it would be a really expensive clothes rack in a week. Instead it was love.
8. I played guitar, flute, piccolo, piano throughout school, but took up the cello in the 5th grade because my Mother made me wear dresses every day – except on the day I had my cello lessons. Then I fell in love with it.
So that’s my eight things. Now I need to tag some people, so I’m picking , Laura Fitton, and Deirdre Breakenridge. Can’t wait to see the responses!