I believe that simplicity = elegance.
I’m the Founder ofStrategyJQ, a strategic consultancy that connects brands to consumers through conversation, advocacy and community. Social Days is a reflection of my own opinion and perspective only.
My Digital Past
Where I’ve Worked
- Powered In December 2009, crayon was acquired by Powered, Inc. where I became Director of Strategy.
- crayon I was the VP of Client Relations, the Conversational Marketing Agency led by Joseph Jaffe.
- Zeta Interactive: I was the VP of Social Media and Emerging Technologies, evangelizing SM strategy and tools, both internally and for our clients.
- DigitalGrit: Prior to the acquisition that led to Zeta, I was the Senior Director for DigitalGrit, a leading search marketing agency voted one of the Best Places to Work in NJ (2007). I was hired to run the NYC office.
- Posner Advertising: a full service agency in NYC, that focuses on real estate clients. I led the Interactive Division.
Things I Enjoy
What makes me happy
- My sister, my niece, my nephew, my friends.
- Trying new things – just had my first surfing lesson – LOVED it!
- Photography – a new passion and one I’m really enjoying. Whether it’s with my iPhone4 or my Nikon D7000, it really relaxes me
- Technology: Apple – I’m not ashamed to say it: I’m an Apple fangirl. My current setup is a 15″ MBP, an iPad2, an iPhone4 and a 5G iPod (shortly to be upgraded). I’m looking to get a 17″ MBP soon with maxed out memory for video work.
- Technology: Services – I’m a 37signals satisfied customer (Basecamp, Backpack, Highrise, Campfire). I have my own accounts and we also use them all at crayon. I also use Zoho Office when I can over MS. crayon is a virtual office environment – I really enjoy the freedom of it.
- Travel – I lived for a number of years in London and love to travel. Not just abroad – I love finding places in the US I haven’t seen before.
- Emerging Trends – Jaffe often calls me bleeding edge, I just think I’m bored
- Hoboken, NJ – I love my home.
- Good online writing – my favorites are Daring Fireball, Signal vs. Noise, Jason Kottke, Jason Santa Maria (he art directs each post – lovely), Jeffrey Zeldman and Merlin Mann (read Better. Now.)
Email: jane at strategyjq dot com